![]() |
| Property of Thyme for Grace. Do not use or distribute without permission. |
Sorry, my baby kind of took over this post. I promise there is something food related coming. But first, I want to say, parents have gotten carried away with first birthday parties. I know, I know, I am just as guilty. Seriously though, when did these things get so out of control? Fancy decorations, smash cakes, pinterest-worthy treats, so so much pressure for the perfect party. And guess what? The guest of honor will not even remember. But, I do love the idea of celebrating their first year of life and maybe, more importantly, it is a celebration that we parents survived the first year!
Below are a few photos from our baby's party and, as promised, a recipe for my grandma Sybil's delicious peanut brittle. We served it with the other treats at the party and it was DELICIOUS.
PARTY DETAILS
Theme: Pink & Yellow
Guests: 30
Drinks: Pink & Yellow Lemonade and Iced Tea
Meal: Grilled brats, hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, watermelon, deviled eggs, salad & pickles.
Desserts: Cake, cookies, peanut brittle & cupcakes
Finally, what do you think of first birthday parties? Over the top? Not enough celebration? Too much pressure? We would love to hear your thoughts!
GRANDMA'S PEANUT BRITTLE
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Ingredients
- 1/2 cup white karo syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole raw peanuts
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup water (for testing)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Combine ingredients (except water for testing, butter and baking soda) in one pot and turn stove on high
- Continuously stir mixture until peanuts begin popping
- To test mixture, take a spoonful and pour it into 1/2 cup of water, if mixture turns rock hard, it is ready
- Butter a baking sheet
- Pour baking soda into cooked mixture and stir
- Then pour mixture onto buttered baking sheet
- Allow mixture to set for an hour or so until hard
- Break apart and enjoy!















No comments:
Post a Comment