Maybe you possess fabulous meal ideas you'd share with me that rule out the oven and grill and demand minimal heat? Please comment if you do! Until then, I'll play in the kitchen, muster up some meal ideas and perhaps eventually "master" summer cooking. I have a feeling I'll move towards cherishing my crock pot even more!
My lovely sister-in-law asked me for an egg salad recipe. So simple, but what a grand idea! I do have one that we thoroughly enjoy, so here I am, ready to share. It's way easy for me to feel that our recipes need to be absolutely unique and gourmet for you readers. But then I remember who we are -- we're us, not culinary chefs. We live the simple life; we don't own heaps of gold to purchase all-organic or rare elements, we don't have piles of spare time to pour into recipes that take hours to make or require a great deal of experimentation. I have to imagine that many of you are in this boat with us. However, we do aim to give you our very best.
So here it is, an easy and delicious recipe. A great addition to your summer lunches -- comprised of eggs, and c'mon, who hates eggs? Enjoy!
"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6
EGG SALAD RECIPE
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 10-12 min.
Yield: About 4-6 sandwiches
Ingredients:
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kosher dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. spicy mustard
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh basil or parsley (basil is preferred)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Directions:
- Boil eggs for 10-12 minutes. Run under cold water and peel. Chop them into small pieces.
- Mix remaining ingredients in with eggs.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before eating so that flavors meld and the recipe gets cold.










Yum! Thanks for posting this recipe! I can't wait to make it, summer cooking isn't my favorite thing either! I love casseroles could eat them everyday, but summer and casseroles do not mix!
ReplyDeleteYeah, totally!
ReplyDelete