Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Flavoricious Stir Fry Sauce

My childhood was deprived of oriental foods. But the minute I bit into a forkful of stir-fry in college, I was hooked, line and sinker! Hu Hot Mongolian Grill is one of our happy places. The ability to have nearly unlimited options of meat, veggies and sauces to fabricate your own delightful, zippy dish is just plain exhilarating!


I started making stir-fry early on in our marriage. And let's just say it's rapidly evolved over our 7 years of life together! I began my stir-fry journey using only soy for the sauce (ha!). Then I began tossing teriyaki into that mix. I soon realized there are innumerable magnificent flavors that can join the zesty-fun! I'm seriously entertained by playing around with each stir-fry we make, but overall I've landed on this sauce recipe as our go-to. I hope you love it too!


"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" Mathew 6:25 NIV

FLAVORICIOUS STIR FRY SAUCE

Prep time: 5 -10 min.
Yield: About 4-6 servings

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 tsp. sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • 3 tsp. cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp. lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
  • 1 tbsp. cornstarch
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients (except cornstarch) in a 2 or 4 liquid measuring cup and whisk well. You can store this in the refrigerator if it's easiest to prepare in advance.
  2. Just before adding the sauce to your stir-fry, add and whisk in the cornstarch.
  3. Pour the sauce into your stir-fry and cook until heated. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment