Friday, October 23, 2015

Hot Apple Cranberry Cider

Okay, I am going to take a quick second and complain. My husband and I just bought our first house. We love it. Both our daughters have their own rooms, we have a big driveway to fill with chalk drawings and we have giant glorious trees.


What's that you say? Having big giant trees comes with a price? You mean all those wonderful leaves that provided shade in August are going to fall down? And I have to rake them ALL? I spent two hours last week raking leaves in the backyard, while my girls jumped in them. Then my husband and I spent another two hours last weekend raking AND then I spent another hour raking and bagging the leaves yesterday. And guess what? It still looks like there are a million leaves in my backyard. :( I'm not complaining about our awesome house, we are so fortunate to have such a beautiful place and I'm not complaining about the trees, they provide tons of shade in the summer. But I've always heard people rave about the beautiful fall colors, nobody bothered to mention the tedious task of raking all the leaves.


But we did it, we managed to rake most of the leaves in our backyard. And after a long afternoon raking the leaves we came inside and I made this delicious warm drink. This cider is perfect for a fall afternoon, halloween party or a chilly morning on the porch. I made this cider a few times to perfect the recipe, hopefully you enjoy it as much as my family does!

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."
- Colossians 3:23-24 (ESV)


HOT APPLE CRANBERRY CIDER

Cook time: 15 mins
Yield: 4 people
Ingredients
  • 3 cups apple cider
  • 1 cup cranberry juice
  • 1/3 cup red hots (cinnamon candies)
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • dash cinnamon
  • 1 cinnamon stick
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine ingredients in pot over stove.
  2. Warm up over medium heat, stir continuously so cinnamon candies do not melt to the bottom of the pan.
  3. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment