Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Best Chili Ever

Chili is one of the most fantastic foods I have ever eaten. I know that sounds over the top, but you have to admit that Chili is the perfect fall food. When you are sitting by the fire and need to warm up, what sounds good? Chili. When you come home from a long day at work and are hungry, what fills you up? Chili. When you visit your parents and they make you a delicious meal, what is on the stove? Chili. When it's a rainy and cold fall day on Friday, what do they sell at the football game? Chili. When the Vikings score a touchdown and you do your touchdown dance, what do you eat when you sit back down? Chili.

Okay, that was a bit excessive. But I think you get my point. Chili really is the BEST in the fall and winter. I recently learned how to make a yummy slow cooker chili (easy if you need to be gone all day) and I have jazzed up the recipe, so I am ready and excited to share it with all of you!

Our family serves the chili over rice with sour cream and cheese. I never knew people didn't eat chili over rice until college, and I am AMAZED that people don't! It's so good, trust me.


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
 - John 3:16 (NIV)



THE BEST CHILI EVER

Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
Total time: 8.5 hours
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 onion
  • 2 green peppers
  • 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 can kidney beans
Cooking Directions
  1. Fully cook ground beef in skillet over stove
  2. Finely chop green pepper and onion
  3. With the exception of the kidney beans, add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
  4. Set the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
  5. For the final 20 minutes, put kidney beans in slow cooker and cook on high.
  6. Serve over rice and enjoy (add grated cheese or sour cream if you would like)!

No comments:

Post a Comment