Friday, October 16, 2015

Orange Fluff Jello Salad

It's my season of sharing other's genius recipes. I do love creating my own, but wowzers that's time-consuming. And time hasn't been my friend lately. While I wouldn't classify myself as an overall perfectionist in life, when it comes to writing and posting personal recipes, I AM. The thought of creating and giving you a recipe you'd invest money, time and anticipation into, only for you to then find repulsive or distasteful, literally terrifies me! Ohhh the pressure. So the simple truth is, I'll only give you what I find scrumptious. And sometimes (when time is lacking) that means sharing another blogger's gem.


Are you a member of the Jell-O Freak Club? I sure am. But I'd rather not have just a plain ol' bowl of giggly jello. Throw fruit, whipped cream, cream cheese and other goodies into the mix, though, and my mouth is doing flips.

This past weekend we had family visit. As I was planning what to make for Saturday's supper, jello salad came to mind and haunted my tastebuds. The lingering thought drove me to a desperate pursuit. I searched online, read reviews and tried to find an awesome jello salad that would make us all happy. I tried this recipe for an Orange Fluff Jello Salad from Six Sisters Stuff. I was happy I did! We all kept dippin' the spoon into the bowl for more. Jason's grandma even asked me for the recipe - now if that's not sayin' something!

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30


ORANGE FLUFF JELLO SALAD

Yields: 8-10 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 large package Cook and Serve vanilla pudding (4.6 oz)
  • 1 large package orange Jell-O (6 oz)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 16 oz Cool-Whip (lite or fat-free is fine)
  • 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
  • 20 oz can pineapple tidbits (drained)
  • 22 oz mandarin oranges (drained)
  • 2 to 3 bananas, sliced (Optional, put in before serving so they don't turn brown in the fridge)
Directions
  1. Mix together pudding, Jello, and water over medium heat until it boils. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until mixture has thickened (about an hour). Beat until creamy. Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows, and fruit. Chill about an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment