Aren't days too freakin' short? My baby's naps are, THAT I know. The older I get the faster time zooms by. Why is that? Am I the only one experiencing this phenomenon?
I'm the creeper who enjoys thinking and walking through graveyards (during the day). It gets good gears turning. Am I making the most of my short life? One day I'll have a gravestone. Will my life lived have made an eternal difference?
Whoa, did I just dive waaay too deep for you? This IS a food blog, right? Yeah... but with it, you get ME (cheesy smile). The privilege of my doing the blogging is that I get to blab my (not always coherent) thoughts to you.
On a lighter note, my child loooved this Fiesta Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup...
On a lighter note, my child loooved this Fiesta Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup...
No, really, she did...
The things I do to coerce my child to open her piehole...
"Winner, winner, tortilla-soup dinner!"
For reals, she downed this soup several dinners in a row and hooed for more (literally, like an owl). And you'll do the same. I can't steal credit for this splendid concoction and, for once in my life, I feel zero urge to tweak it. It's utterly perfect as is. It takes me less than 10 minutes to whip together and the ability to dump frozen chicken into the crock pot in the mornings brings songs to my heart.
If you want more instruction and gorgeous step-by-step photography on this keeper recipe, check out Heather Likes Food. This is the only recipe I've tried of hers but it's crazy yum. Serve it with tortilla chips, sour cream, fresh cheese and avocado... delish!
![]() |
Photo credit goes to heatherlikesfood.com
|
Romans 6:23 NIV
FIESTA SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 6-8 hours
Ingredients
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, drained
- 10 oz frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (no need to thaw)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado for serving
Instructions
- Combine all ingredients except for the cilantro and lime juice in a slow-cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from soup, shred into bite-sized pieces and return to soup.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and avocado if desired.











No comments:
Post a Comment