Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thyme to Unveil the Fail

 
If you've been reading our posts, you'll maybe remember a little disclaimer we shared about ourselves... something about not being perfect in the kitchen? Oh don't be so shocked.
 
But if you're going to fail, you may as well glamorize your blunder...

 
To my credit, this apple Bundt cake tasted superb. I'd give myself an A+ for taste/texture and a F for presentation... well, how about a D- since I put forth valiant effort to beautify the thing? Now, let's be totally transparent and release the initial image...
 
 
Ignore my Christmas mug in the backdrop (yes, I use a Christmas mug year-round; it insulates my coffee the best, leave me alone). Can you tell this picture was snapped with my crap-chute phone camera? In horror I snapped it and texted the shot to my blog-partner, Hannah, for some much needed sympathy. Instead, she responded with excitement, "share it on the blog!" Thanks, Hannah, for your eagerness to expose my flaws. Yet, I'm happy to comply.
 
I won't deny the fact that I really wasn't expecting the best out of this Bundt cake effort. I have a bad attitude about making Bundt cakes. Perhaps because every time I've tried it's been an epic fail. I haven't figured out how to get the stupid pastry out of the wretched pan in one piece. I lean towards blaming my Bundt pan (really, it can't be me, right?!). As a general rule I despise anything that's non-stick. Food rarely turns out as well in non-stick pots and pans. However, it was the only Bundt pan I had on hand, so it was destined to be.


Even though this cake's appearance was a major disappointment, my taste buds were in awe. I usually don't like Bundt cakes much, but Jay-man and I polished it off within 5 days, eek! For the sake of our health, I can't make it often unless I have a plan for it that extends beyond the two of us. And if I do decide to make it more often, ab workouts and I will need to intensify our relationship.

I'm not going to give you the recipe because I must be a perfectionist. I can't handle giving out something that I wasn't totally happy with. Taste and texture? Fabulous. Presentation? A work in progress...

I can't promise how soon I'll resume this operation, but it is my plan to perfect Bundt cakes. Unfortunately, I currently lack motivation to crank on the oven when it's hot and humid outside, so this post has a "to be continued" clause. For now, it's simply here so you can laugh at me and maybe feel better about your life in the kitchen. Hopefully, mission accomplished?


Enjoy your day and be challenged through God's Word today!

"Not that I have already attained this—that is, I have not already been perfected—but I strive to lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus also laid hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have attained this. Instead I am single-minded: Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead, with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 12-14

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I've never been successful with a bundt cake either. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete